June 4, 2018
In June, LLR hosted our portfolio CFOs for a day of networking and idea-sharing on topics critical to business growth. New this year, we invited the Information Systems leaders to enhance discussions on optimizing use of technology across their organizations. Part of LLR’s series of collaboration opportunities, CFO & Tech Collaborate 2018 enabled attendees to engage in peer dialogue and learn from experts on real-time issues including:
- The state of technology in finance
- Cyber security risks and resolutions
- Examples of growth company MIS roadmaps
- Case studies on transformation through technology optimization
- New accounting standards on lease and revenue recognition
Bill Tobia, Managing Director of Finance at LLR Partners, facilitated the day-long event, kicking it off with a review of the core technologies and service providers currently used across the LLR portfolio to support Finance, Sales & Marketing, HR and Operations. The group also revealed their top MIS initiatives, with data consolidation, integration and use for business intelligence as the common theme. Through collaboration between finance and technology leaders, the group identified opportunities to form User Groups and support one another in sourcing, implementing and optimizing use of common systems and strategies.
Kim Susko, Director at RSM, led the group through a discussion on Creating Organizational Visibility. By taking a look at market trends in finance and IT alongside real word examples of application portfolios and roadmaps, Collaborate attendees gained insight into how to prioritize technology initiatives and achieve better visibility across their organizations.
Through case studies, Jenn Daniels, partner at Blank Rome, provided attendees a look into cyber security attacks today and advanced planning strategies to mitigate risk. Fred Massanova of Baker Tilly also guided the CFOs through new accounting standards for lease and revenue recognition.
Several LLR portfolio companies shared their technology roadmaps, including Ron Fijalkowski, CIO at SDI. Ron shared his company’s journey to centralize data and delivery and move corporate business intelligence to the cloud.
Learn more about how our portfolio companies are addressing some of their top technology challenges in GrowthBits:
- Is Your Technology Stack Out of Control?
- 5 Must-Have Technologies for Growth-Focused Companies
- CIO Playbook: 4 Rules for Technology Vendor Selection
- How to Build Your Sales Technology Stack to Support Growth
- The Holistic Ecosystem: How to Shift from Functional to Customer-Centric Technology